Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group
Entrepreneurship is the well of creativity, innovation, change and behavioral motivation and might be regarded the torch in the dark in times of economic or structural crisis.
The mission of the RIC is best summarized by Gilder’s following quote: “But it is the source of all we are and can become, the saving grace of democratic politics and free men, the hope of the poor and the obligation of the fortunate, the redemption of a depressed and desperate world” (Gilder, 1971, p. 258).
The greatest contribution of entrepreneurs is seen to be optimizing agents which close existing gaps apparent from any existing system or corporate disequilibria. Possible research themes in the Entrepreneurship & Innovation RIC revolve around these possible disequilibria in a variety of fields:
– New development s of various “Entrepreneurship schools” – Expanding the knowledge body of entrepreneurship
– The contribution of Creativity and Innovation for society, corporations and education (e.g. university spin offs, different levels of Innovation in European or other countries, crowd sourcing)
– Entrepreneurial resource and networking perspectives (synergizing and complementing competences to bridge gaps by networking and clustering)
– New forms of entrepreneurships: social entrepreneurship; rural-urban; charity; civic; community; public entrepreneurship; specific forms (e.g. high tech, opportunistic vs. craftsmen; staying small vs. rapid growth; female entrepreneurship; forced or voluntary entrepreneurship; international entrepreneurship and/or “born globals”)
– Call for a stronger consideration of the International and Multi-Cultural Context
The objectives of the RIC are to create a competence pool within EMRBI and to jointly create and disseminate knowledge on up to date or visionary developments. This can be achieved by joint project proposal writing and implicit joint research activities, organizing entrepreneurship conferences/symposiums/seminar under the umbrella of EMRBI and joint publications. Furthermore, any relevant co-operation with EMRBI affiliated or newly recruited organizations is welcome.
You are invited to read –
CHAIR: Dr. Hans Ruediger Kaufmann
Dario Natale Palmucci